February 7, 2009

To Love or Not to Love

Let me state my position first:
I celebrate LOVE. I condemn the one who condemns LOVE.

Now, love is a term or a word that has become too normal. Being too normal has an attachment of peculiar danger to it. That is: Too much of normalcy destroys or distorts the real meaning. And, "love" is no exception.

To me, love is the most distorted word in the English language. The blame goes to the word itself and to the English language. Love is a single word. But it is shouldered with heavy load of meanings. I do not want to delve into it. (If you are too eager I advise you to browse through The Oxford English Dictionary).

In this column, by Love I mean the spontaneous relationship that arises between the opposite sexes, highly motivated by inexplainable emotions. Once the relationship is established it is a hellish pleasure. The merry-go-round of emotions begin.

The simple feeling of someone waiting for you makes you feel different. The world of dictionaries and words cannot help you to explain that he/she is specially for you.

A simple look even from a far distance,
one syllable pronounced by your best half,
one normal pat on your shoulder by your beloved
Can they be matched with anything?
No. Nothing can match that simple look, that ordinary sound and the normal touch of your own.

To be in love is more than heavenly. Not to be in love in your lifetime is a crime.

That is exactly the same reason for the immense pain caused by the seperation of the lovers. When the flesh is torn, it is painful but curable. But a tear in the emotinal bond is incurable and a perennial pain.

Many turn philosophers at this stage and preach against love. Treatises come out of their mouth about betrayal, pain, foolishness of love and other such "truths". Their motto however is very much dipped in the social concern. They really want to save others from such pain.

But I tell you: "Love. Get yourselves drunk with love. Life is a one time chance. Let your life taste the sweetness of love. Do not deprive your life of the heavenly joy on earth."

Final Note:

Do not worry about seperation.
I do not want to lie. The seperation is painful and the pain would be too sharp.
But time is a great healer.Give time enough time.

1 comment:

  1. i too agree with you... let us celebrate love... but i dont want another love in my life....

    ReplyDelete