February 18, 2009

The Wise Fool's Lamentations

Lately I have learnt a lesson: Do not think much.

I have been approached for being a "wise" fool by many.

WHAT FOR?
The answer is very simple and straight forward: For advice and for proper direction regarding the course of life. I immediately force my mind to calm down. My mind loves to be a monkey jumping from one branch of ideas to another branch of thoughts. After arresting it I do the opposite. I overburden it with single strand of thought. Thoughts emerge fast. They interact and intertwine wonderfully. My mind would be soon crowded with THOUGHTS(IDEAS).
Like an experienced sage I offer my crowded ideas to the seeker. I feel elated to know that I think much and that I am specially sought for my thoughts. The person simply listens and goes back satisfied(that is what I think).
The next day(sometimes the next hour) I come to know of my foolishness. The ideas that seemed so wonderful begin to look so insane. My own ideas laugh at me. I am proved a WISE FOOL.
Fool's Conclusion:
In my foolishness I too get a reward. I will know the worthlessness of my earlier 'supreme' ideas. My mind next time avoids them or is alert when reworking on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment