I believe that fools are at times better. They do what they want to do. The others think they are wise but wear many masks leading a cosmetic life. Long live fools.
January 17, 2010
Mathilgal by Basheer
I completed reading a novel, named aptly as MATHILGAL. It is written by Vaikom Mohammad Basheer, the famous Malayalam writer. I read its Tamil translation. It has been translated by Sukumaran. It has been published by Kalachuvadu.It is a small novel. In fact it is very small(only some thirty pages). But the feelings it created in me are immense. I specially liked the ending.The hero longs for freedom from the jail walls. Slowly, however he adjusts to the jail life. But the spirit of freedom is a ever burning smoulder in his heart. He wants to be out. Later he comes in contact with a woman prisoner. They are seperated by a wall. But love has no boundaries. The scent of male and female transcends the walls. Two hearts come to a wonderful union. They now long to have a view of themselves. They devise a plan. The hero waits eagerly for the day when the plan will be executed. But on the penultimate day the hero gets freedom.The protoganist replies: WHO WANTS FREEDOM?Read and enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment